JCGC Reform Cemeteries
- The status quo, as of June 30, 2008, shall be maintained with regard to the former United Jewish Cemeteries locations in Montgomery, Walnut Hills, Clifton, Hamilton, Price Hill and downtown Cincinnati, as well as Judah Touro Cemetery and Montefiore Cemetery.
- For any new Reform cemetery areas, all religious questions shall be decided by the Reform Subcommittee of the Ritual Coordination Committee.
- Lots may only be sold to members of the Jewish faith and their spouses, and children, and other adults with whom they have lived in a relationship similar to marriage, without regard to the gender of the other adult. Only those persons described in this section may be buried in such lots.
- No burials shall take place on Shabbat, the first and seventh day of Pesah, Shavuot, Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, and the first day of Sukkot and Simchat Torah.
- No rituals or ceremonies inconsistent with the teachings of Judaism shall be performed in the cemetery area, and no symbols or insignia inconsistent with the teachings of Judaism shall be displayed there, whether permanently or temporarily.
- Disinterment shall be permitted only with permission of one’s congregational rabbi, or in the case of an unaffiliated person, with the permission of the Reform Subcommittee.
- Any other questions concerning the Reform cemeteries should be brought to the Reform Subcommittee of the Ritual Coordination Committee.